Wednesday 9 December 2015

Marketing Success #mpresif

Whow - isn't marketing absolutely exciting?



There are so many ways to market your business out there. Fancy terms, new trends! You hear buzz words like OOH, SEO optimisation, inbound marketing and webbuilding, la-la-la and you as a business owner want to run to the hills!

But let's be honest - it's all great to incorporate all the newest forms of marketing into your marketing plan or strategies. BUT never forget that the basics will always apply.

It's like mathematics - you can't do algebra right when you've forgotten that you have to first multiply before you can subtract numbers! We all want to jump onto the bandwagon with the newest and cutest ways to market our businesses, but if we forget the fundamentals, we might get the sum wrong.

I've done some Cold Calling this week for one of my clients. They've decided to focus their attention on a different market than the one they've been in for years. The challenge was put to me on how are we going to get them into this new market - since the competition is absolutely fierce and there are so many other role players!

I thought about this long and hard and it came to me that maybe we must go back to the drawing board - really focus on the basics of marketing! And Cold Calling came to mind. Not entirely cold calling, but let me share with you what I did.

Research!

I started to search for businesses that would be the most likely prospects for my client. I then tried to make a point of contact - be it perhaps I found this business on an online directory, inside a marketing booklet handed out at homes or be it a friend who gave me a connection.

When I would then "cold call" these businesses I had a point of reference and made them at ease that I'm not some SPAM marketer that want to sell them something. My tone was also not aggressive selling - but rather - need searching.

This is a trick I learned in Spin Selling. Before you start to pronounce all the wonderful attributes of your service or product, find out what NEED your prospect client might have. Then when you understand the NEED you ensure that your service / product can fulfill that need.

After contacting about 52 businesses I had prospects who showed true interest, even a few appointments and even those who provided me with open doors for more communication!

SEE success! - from just having the GUTS to do some basic marketing.

Cold Calling might be called - old traditional marketing - and many people absolutely detest a call from a tele-marketer. BUT again - as I've mentioned it's all in the WAY you do it.

Yes, having someone call you - all aggressive and not hearing you when you say NO I don't need it - could surely put you off! But having someone who calls you, absolutely interested in YOUR needs and giving you a chance to TALK - you might give them that wanted appointment or email address.

This is simply ONE example of Marketing Basics. There is a few Fundamentals that you need to have put in place when trying to broaden your customer reach.

Let us share some of that with you! www.mpresifmarketing.co.za 

If you'd like to receive more of my marketing tips - send me a mail - I'd love to chat gerda@mpresifmarketing.co.za or book a marketing coaching session with Liezel - admin@mpresifmarketing.co.za

Mpresif-greetings
Gerda




No comments:

Post a Comment