Tuesday 7 July 2015

Teeth Whitening - the BIG debate!

Wow! I was amazed at the grand phenomenon of teeth whitening and how it has taken South Africans by storm!

To me personally, whitening my teeth, have never really been that much of a concern, until one of my clients, a dentist, required me to do research on this white topic!

Firstly, I had an appointment with her Oral Hygienist and was amazed at the fundamental basics of keeping your breath nice and fresh! It was quite a learning experience! But that's a conversation for another day!

We discussed teeth whitening and I was quite intrigued and had to say, I wanted to try it out! I also found out that there are various options available. I always thought it had to be done only by a professional and they kind of gave you new teeth!

Well, I was impressed (Mpressed) that you can even try and do the technique at home by yourself. Although it takes a few days and some real dedication. Not something, a mother of two would be able to handle without some mishaps!

The best part came when I saw a certain tooth paste being advertised on Facebook. Every time this product was advertised, about fourty people would reply - I want this! With their email addresses attached! I was, but what is this? And isn't this grand competition for my client?

Therefore, I'd like to throw the ball into your court. What's your opinion on this tooth paste phenomenon. Obviously, if it did work and cost much less than going out to a professional, people would try it, right? But apparently it has some bad side effects on tooth enamel!

What's your opinion on this matter? Would you sacrifice your tooth enamel for a chance at having perfectly white teeth? Or would you rather save some money to have your dentist do it for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment